Sore throat, pricking in left side of throat. Should I be concerned ?

Just today, I noticed my throat being sore. It s not a normal sore throat either where your coughing. It feels like something is poking the left side of my throat. I looked in the mirror to see if my throat was sore, or notice anything different. And from what I had saw was my left tonsil had one big hole, as well as a smaller hole on the same tonsil. I looked at my right tonsil, and it seems to look fine. What exactly should I do? And should I be concerned about it?
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012