Sore throat, painful to swallow, nasal congestion. Benadryl and sinutab not helpful. What else?

Hello, I ve had a sore throat with post nasal drip for about ten days and swallowing is extremely painful. At times, i feel an involuntary and quite painful throat spasm . Yesterday i started feeling sore, itchy ears and when when i breath it feels as if inhaling were also causing aspiration of air into my ears--sort of cold air traveling into my ear canal when i inhale. Because I don t have a fever or runny nose or nasal congestion . I ve been reluctant to see a doctor. However, none of the home remedies I have tried for these symptoms seem to take it away despite some offering me relief as long as I take them every 3to 4 hours and struggle to stay well hydrated. Helpful remedies are: Sinus decongestsants (Mucinex and Nyquil sinus Ibuprofen ginger tea with honey, lemon juice and cinnamon Salt water gargling Not helpful: Benadryl Nyquil cough and cold Sinutab I don t know if this helps but I have type 2 diabetes and hypothyroidism I take the following medications: Levothyroxin Metformin Lantus Humalog Lisinopril to prevent liver damage Gabapentin and tramadol for herniated disk Sertraline Bupropion What do you recommend as my next step?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013