Sore throat, painful, difficult to swallow, dry mouth, large bumps. Is it serious?

i was layingdown and woke up to a sore throat . it was very painful and difficult to swallow . i breathe through my mouth wen i sleep so i thought it was just dehydration or dry mouth. but it hurt to just inhale. so i went to the bathroom to look in my mouth and i stuck my finger as far back as i could in my throat to touch the pain. i felt multiple large bumps .the further i stuck my finger back the more bumbs i felt. is this a dental hygenetic problem or something more serious? im kinda freaked out right now. ive wokin up like this now for yrs but always drank sumthin to clear my throat.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013