Sore throat, painful, bumps on palate. Taking antacids, negative swab tests. Suggestions?

I started having a soar throat about three weeks ago and I noticed that my throat is red. I tasted food differently for a day and I had a spot on my tongue that went away. The pain is different from day to day. I tried taking antancids because I thought it was due to acid reflux, but it doesn't seem to be related. I noticed some tiny bumps on my palate as well. I went to see a doctor about a week ago and he took a swab to analyze my throat and the results were negative. Do you have any suggestions or ideas? Thank you!
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013