hello and welcome to HCM,
You are most likely to be suffering from an acute episode of Pharyngitis
. You need to do the following as soon as possible:
1. Get an ENT consult and consider starting an antibiotic with pain killer as you have been having symptoms for four days without much improvement when it should have become much better.
2. Request your doctor for a throat swab and send it for culture and sensitivity
3. Start anti reflux treatment also in consultation with your doctor
4. Take only warm fluids and do salt water gargle
5. Do not speak loudly or strain when you speak
5. Assess whether you need injections for faster and better symptom control
6. If the problem occurs frequently then may be you can consider removal of the tonsils at a later date.
Dr Sriram Nathan