Sore throat, pain on swallowing, hoarse voice. History of allergy related cough. Treatment?

I have a sore area on the back of my throat left side, hurts when I swallow . My glands do not feel swollen but when I touch my adams apple it hurts. My voice is hoarse and I feel a need to clear my throat every once in a while. I did have an allergy related cough for several months, but after several medications which didn t help, i quit eating peanuts/peanut butter and my cough and nasal congestion went a way. I had been fine for several weeks, until this soar throat came on 2 days ago.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012