Sore throat, pain on swallowing. Tried warm water with honey and lemon. Permanent cure?

Hello, I was just wondering if you can help. Yesterday morning I woke up with a very sore throat . It feels like an ache in the back of my throat but it s almost unbearable to swallow. Even the tiniest bit of saliva hurts to swallow. It s at the point now where I dread swallowing because the pain is so awful. I tried warm water with lemon and honey all of yesterday but woke up this morning with the same pain. Thanks for any info you can give me
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013