Sore throat, pain, difficulty in swallowing, lump on posterior oropharyngeal wall. Worried about cancer?

Hello doctor, I have had a sore throat for two weeks now..I can swallow foods just fine but the mouth gets dry and swallowing gets difficult during nights..there is throat pain but its more pronounced on the left side..I notice a small skin colored lump on the posterior oropharyngeal wall (left side) and it seems to be painless. I have also noticed some post nasal drip (whitish colored) throughout the day. Please help me with this. I am worrying myself with the though of cancer. I am 25 years old. Drink and smoke rarely.
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012