Sore throat, numbing, swelling. Had tonsils removed. What is wrong?

For the past 4 years I have been waking up regurgitating in the mornings due to very sore throat (almost numbing) consistantly there I have not had a day without sore/numb throat .... used to swell up and affect my breathing but they thought it was my tonsills and removed them I still have the same pain just not as much swelling . What should I get checked for i ve had countless tests with no avail. It is starting to affect my personality and changed my character due to hopelessness
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013