Sore throat, no relief with medicines. Orange specks in mucus. Pain in swallowing. Possible treatment?

Hello Doctor , i have a really bad sore throat . Nothing seems to work , Advil or Night Quil arn t helping. Instead of swollowing my mucus i spit it in a cup. I looked at the musuc and there are orange specks in it. It also smells nasty. I can hardly speak right. It hurts to even move my neck , i cant swallow without pain that makes me want to not swallow anymore. I can hardly sleep, whatever i do my throat is always hurting me. Any help ?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012