Sore throat, neck pain, fever, ear blockage. Putting olive oil drops in ears to clear it. History of diabetes. Treatment?

I have been having aches in my throat , neck and no pain when swallowing , the ache started like a dull distant pain but now it gives me temperature and my ear now aches too. Ear first started as blocked. I saw my doctor who advised putting olive oil drops in it, but it has not clEared, and now it even hurts. I am diabetic and have lOst a lot of weight in the last 2 months.
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum

I do not see the rational behind using olive drops in the ear when you are having throat and neck discomfort. My advice to you is to get a complete evaluation done by a good ENT specialist to look for any mass in the neck which could be giving rise to all these symptoms. Do not delay as the symptoms seem to be suspicious of a mass in the neck.

Hope this answers your query