hello and welcome to HCM,
You are most likely to be suffering from an acute episode of tonsillitis
along with pharyngitis
The bumps or whitish things you see on top of the tonsils maybe organised pus or maybe tonsillar stone which is common in tonsil infections.
You need to do the following as soon as possible:
1. Get an ENT consult and re-evaluate the effectiveness of the medication given by you doctor as your symptoms have actually worsened while they should have improved by now
2. Request your doctor for a throat swab and send it for culture and sensitivity
3. Start anti reflux treatment also in consultation with your doctor
4. Take only warm fluids and do salt water gargle
5. Do not speak loudly or strain when you speak
5. Assess whether you need injections for faster and better symptom control
6. If the problem occurs frequently then may be you can consider removal of the tonsils at a later date.
take care and get well soon
Dr Sriram Nathan