Sore throat, nasal congestion, pain while swallowing, strep test negative. Prescribed antibiotics. Possible cause?

Hi. I Got a sore throat along with severe nasal dryness 5 days ago. The nasal dryness turned to nasal congestion 3 days ago and the sore throat has progressively gotten much worse. I am to the point I can t swallow. It s burning and extremely painful. My ears r starting to hurt and I haven t slept in days. Nothing helps. I was seen 2 days ago at a clinic and had quick test for strep that was neg. I do have 2 white/yellowish things on back o left tonsil . Not a coating, but looks like something in the crater of the swollen tonsil. I ve had no fever, no cough (just when I get choked bc of diff swallowing ) no other symptoms other than throat and nasal problems. The dr presc me antibiotics to take in 1 more day. What could this be. Shld I go back to dr or just fill the script? I m desperate for help!! Hank u
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013