Sore throat, nasal congestion, breathlessness, chest heaviness, croupe cough

Hi, I m in a bind and need a little advice. I currently have no medical insurance so I try to put off going to the doctor unless necessary. I developed cold like symptoms last Wednesday (5 days ago), they quickly evolved. It started off with a sore throat and nasal congestion . By Thursday, I couldn t breathe , I felt a lot of heaviness in my chest and I couldn t keep my head up without feeling a lot of pressure in the nasal area. On Friday I had a croupe cough , and by Saturday night I barely had a voice. As of yesterday, I still had no voice and have a dry cough and yellow phlegm that I m coughing out and when I blow my nose. Today, my voice is very hoarse still and I feel a lot of very uncomfortable pressure in my face still that gets worse when bending over, and when I walk. My chest continues to hurt when I talk or cough. My sore throat has gone away for the most part, but my ear is hurting on and off too. At what point do I say I need an antibiotic and bite the bullet and spend a months worth pay going to the dr with no insurance?
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012