Sore throat, mucus filled, head cold, allergies and ear pain. On NyQuil and DayQuil. Suggest?

I ve been sick with a very very sore throat and mucus and ears hurting so I went to the doctor yesterday. She said I have a head cold and allergies and she didn t prescribe me anything, she said continue taking NyQuil and DayQuil and such. She always tested for strep and said it was negative. Now, as I m typing, I have white dots on my tonsils the throat of my mouth is yellow and red and I keep spitting up mucus and I keep crying because it hurts so bad. And I can t even sleep at night because of how uncomfortable my throat is. What is going on?!
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013