Sore throat, low fever. Brown coloured mucous from throat. Having chills, sensitive skin, bodyache. Solution?

Hello. This morning I woke up with an extremely sore throat , and it felt as though there were a lump in it...throughout the day it progressively got worse, and also produced a low grade fever (100F). All of the saliva in my mouth has been mucus, and at one point a big ball of mucus came out of my throat, it was large and a brown color. I have not improved any since morning, and throughout the day I ve had chills, sensitive skin , and just general pain throughout my body...I ve been gargling with salt water and taking Advil there anything else I can be doing? Any idea what this could be?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013