Sore throat, hurts while swallowing, voice got deeper, bruns while breathing. What could it be ?

I have had a very sore throat since Monday (5 days). No other syptoms. No runny nose . No cough . It seams to be in my windpipe so teas, honey and cough drops are not exactly getting to the affected area. It hurts when I swallow . Now My voice is deeper than my husbands, or sometimes I cant get a sound out at all. I have not been overusing my voice at all. The only change is that i have started a new diet and excersize regimine. I have been visiting a new lake park, but I have never had allergies before. again, no runny nose. It burns when I breath, and it is painful to swallow. What could it be? How can I treat it?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013