Sore throat, hurts while swallowing. Have small cluster of dark spots on cheeks side. Serious?

My throat starting being sore a few days ago. It onset very rapidly during a few hours in the evening. Over the past few days, it is sore and hurts to swallow in the morning and at night, but is completely fine for the most part throughout the day. This morning when I was looking inside my mouth, I noticed a small cluster of dark spots on the inside of my left cheek as well as some swelling in the same area. Is this serious?
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012