Sore throat, hurts to talk and swallow. Could it be an allergy?

I don t feel sick, by this morning my throat began to hurt like I got punched. It doesn t feel like a typical sore throat . Also, it sort of hurts like a muscle got sprained or pulled when I look to one side or the other. Do I need to go see a Dr.? Could it be an allergy? I can t think of anything unusual I ve eaten. Also, it hurts when I talk and swallow , but not in a typical raw way. Just pressure on te sore area that feels bruised
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013