Sore throat, high fever, tonsilities, sore gums, painful to chew. Is it serious?

It all started a week ago it started off with my sore throat .i went to the hospital for my sore throat and high fever .the doctor told me i had tonsilities.a couple days after that my gums became very sore to the point i cant close my month.and its also painful for me to tonsils are okay now but i also see whiteness in the back of my throat.and also my gums burn and bleed when i brush very worried that its something serious plz help me.
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012