Sore throat, headache, fever, body pain, taken antibiotic

All of a sudden i developed a sore throat where it hurts to swollow then i developed a severe headache , i thought i might be run down so i lay down but then i developed like a coldness i was freezing but my face and my throat and kneck were red hot. I feel as if ive got a fever but a checked it and it was 87.6 or something so i dont know but i keep gettin little pains all over my body. And ive been to the doctors over the past 3 year because of bad throats and all i get is its an infection they give me an antibiotic and then it gets worse. Can you help? Is it serious?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Apr 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi welcome to health care magic forum,

Sore throat , body ache , mild fever are signs of upper respiratory tract infection and acute pharyngitis.

If it had occurred many times in past than called as chronic pharyngitis.

Chronic pharyngitis may be due to chronic tonsillitis , laryngeal reflux disease or thyroid problem.

In my opinion you see an ENT specialist for throat swab culture and thyroid function test to exclude any infective or non infective pharyngitis.