Sore throat, headache and dry cough. Using vaporizer and Guaifenesin. How to relieve chest tightness?

I got a sore throat last Sunday that had a bad headache accompany it. As of Wednesday last week, the sore throat is gone and the headache, too, but I now have a bad, dry cough . Nothing comes up and I cough every minute or so throughout the day. I sleep with a vaporizor on at night and I do take a Guaifenesin 400 mg but it is not working. Can you suggest anything else to relieve my tight chest and my inability to have a productive cough? thank you!
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012