Sore throat, hard to swallow, enlarged tonsils with burning. Watery eyes. Causes ?

Good Afternoon! How are you? I have been having a few health problems that I would like to ask your intake on, Since yesterday my throat has been incredibly sore. It is hard to swallow and my tonsils feel enlarged. It feels as if my throat is burning. Also, whenever I eat or drink it tastes funny. My eyes have also been very watery. What could be cause of this? I would appreciate any advise that you may be able to offer. ALSO, I am supposed to give blood on monday, if I do get better before then is it ok to still give blood or will I be putting the future patient at risk?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013