Sore throat, hard flap of tissue on left side of throat causing a pit. What could it be?

hi, I ve had a sore throat for the last 4/5 days and i put my finger down my throat to pinpoint where the pain was coming from when i noticed a hard flap of tissue which is only on the left side of my throat, as i run my finger along the ridge of this tissue it leads to a pit, a V section. The pain in my throat is coming from this tissue, any indication as to what this tissue is would be much appreciated, thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012