Sore throat for a month. How long it takes to heal throat infection ?

Hi Doctor , I had sore throat over a month now. I had feeling like there was something stuck/tickling is throat. There was no pain. I went to my Family physician, he told me nothing to worry about he prescribed me antibiotics . It did not work for 20 days. Then i went to another doctor (GP) even he told nothing to worry about but the tickling throat was still there... i was in fear.. so i went to MS ENT Specialist . He examined my throat and nose and even he told nothing to worry about.. In his report he wrote PND and gave me Droxly for 5 day, xyzal for 7 days... and Otrivin nasal drops 3 times a day and betadine gargle for 3 times a day and told me to take steam for 3 times day... i am feeling a bit better now.. But there is still thick cough and blocked nose and little pain in throat... My question is what is PND and what does it mean and how long it takes to heal throat infection? Thanks in Advance
Asked On : Sat, 19 Mar 2011