Sore throat, fever, cold and cough. How can I eliminate infection without surgery?

This message is for Dr Deepak Haldipur. Sir, my throat is a bit sensitive.. All attacks first start at the throat with a sore threat, leading to fever , cold and cough .. once in three months gauranteed. Few doctors suggested that I go thru Tonsils Operations (47 yrs of age now). I wonder god would have given this part for a reason and so why cut it as this is a new slant of modern doctors..go thru surgery and cut everything which is not wholistic. Pls advise how do I proceed and eliminate this frequent occurance of infection of throat without any surgery (unless it is mandatory)
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012