Sore throat, fever, chills, white patches, swollen tonsils. Taking motrin. Cure for symptoms?

Good Evening, Monday I started off with a sore throat , the next day I had a sore throat, fever , chills, with swollen tonsils. I took my antibiotic and motrin 800 that was prescribed to me. Yesterday, which was Tuesday, I experience pain below my ear on the side of my neck area (like swollen glands). The only thing that will take the pain away is the Motrin, however I am on day three of the antibiotics and my tonsils still have the white blotches and my gland is hurting from just touch my neck or moving my head. I dont want to depend on the Mortin 800. What do you think this is? where did it come from? What should I do? I am a female, 30yrs old, I dont smoke .
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012