Sore throat, fever, chills, sleeplessness. Done strep test. On antibiotics. Suggest?

I went to the doctor on Friday. I had a very sore throat and drainage, the day before going into the doctor I had chills, fever 103, body aches, but by the time I went to the doctor all of that was gone, but my sore throat was worse. She gave me a rapid strep test with was negative. She said there was a 15% fail rate though and if my conditions weren t better the next day (Saturday), the I could go ahead and take the antibiotic . Well, Saturday my throat was a little better, Sunday it was even better. Today, Tuesday I felt almost like myself, just a little thirsty and my throat was dry, however, this evening my throat really hurts again, I cannot sleep, but no fever, no other signs except I still continue to have post nasal drip . Should I go ahead and try medicine? I will of course call doctor in morning, but am pretty miserable now and would like to go ahead with antibiotic, if it would help.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013