Sore throat, fever , chills, body ache. Taking cap. Is it a side effect of drug?

Hi, I went into doctors on Monday and with sore throat , and eyes doctor listened to my chest and said its moved down so he prescribed me Biaxin , 2xtablets every day for & days. however i have had a fever, chills, aches in the body and cough hurts much more, these symptoms started yesterday afternoon and im still feeling like this. I am on day 3 could it be a side effect of the drug? I did not have fever when doctor diagnosed me
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013