Sore throat, feeling of obstruction, redness in throat. Your thoughts?

In the last week or so, I have been experiencing what appears to be a sore throat only on the left side. At times it feels scratching , like something is stuck there. it hurts in the part of the throat just beneath my jaw bone. Please note that some days are worse than others and there has been a day or two that it didn t hurt at all. Tonight it is a little irretated and when I looked in my throat with a flash light, I see a little redness right inside the arch of my throat (off to the side)...also noticed what appeared to be a small patch of pinhead sized dark spots?...You thoughts?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012