Sore throat, enlarged vallate pappillae, ear pain and chest pain. Diagnosed with costochondritis. Smoking addiction. Cancer?

Hi, I am a 31 yr. old woman, and a smoker. I have recently had enlarged vallate pappilae, a slight sore throat ( but only at certain times). It feels as though something is in my throat (like a hair). I feel the need to cough to remove mucus in my throat and chest but the mucus is normal and clear. I also sometimes have ear pain, like a dull ache inside. I have chest pain , throat and back pain (muscle pain), although I have been diagnosed with costrochondritis. I am scared of the big C, being a longtime smoker.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013