Sore throat, earpain, headache, hot flashes, chills. Diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Ultrasound shows enlarged thyroid. Solution?

I woke up this morning with a dry/ sore throat earache neck pain and headache... I m also having hot flashes in my face and chills throughout my body but I have checked my temperature and its only 98.4 so no fever. I took two ibuprofen and used ear drops but have had no relief. I have had a cold twice in the last month but have been over it for two weeks now. I am 24 years old and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 4 months ago I also had an ultra sound a few weeks ago and was told my thyroid is enlarged on both sides my question is could this be related or what could be causing my symptoms?
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012