Sore throat, ear pain, nasal congestion, yellow discharge from ears, hearing loss. Medical attention required?

My son woke up in the middle of the night complaining of a sore throat , stuffy nose and ear pain. Thinking his cold is still lingering I gave him some children s nyquil and he went back to sleep. He woke up at 7 this morning still complaining of ear pain and I noticed his ear was crustedand looks a little swolken inside. I rubbed a qtip around the opening of his ear and there is yellow discharge coming out. He had tubes put in his ears 1 year and 3 days ago for fluid in his ears causing hearing loss and I have not noticed them falling out yet. Should I be taking him to see the doctor asap, or wait a few days to see how things go?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013