Sore throat, ear pain, hoarse voice, chills, white patch behind throat, congestion, cough. Causes for symptoms?

Hello out there :) I woke up 6 days ago with a mild sore throat , both ears mildly aching, & a very hoarse voice that was pretty much gone, I also experienced chills & then feeling very hot, as well as fatigue .. 3 days after that, my left ear & left side of throat became more painful, I noticed a white patch in the back of my throat on the left side (I have no tonsils), & a persistent dry cough that comes in waves during the day & night. The next day I became slightly congested. Today, not really congested, sneezing a bit, still have a dry cough (I did cough up a bit of phlegm this morning), & still having mild to moderate pain with my left ear & side of throat. Any ideas on what it could be? I don t think it s a cold since I m not congested anymore.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012