Sore throat, ear infection and tonsillitis. What are the brown spots on roof of mouth?

My 2 year old, 5 year old, and 40 year husband have had very sore throats, temps of 100-102 degrees, and dark brown spots on the roof of the mouth. Fever last 2-3 days. Went to the doctor, diagnosed one child with tonsillitis , the other with just an ear infection . Husband didn t go to the doctor. Kids were prescribed Ammoxicillan, and developed a rash on hands, feet, and face (tiny red spots), diagnosed as an allergy to penicillans. Just wondering about the brown spots on the roof of the mouth and other symptoms.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012