Sore throat, diagnosed tonsillitis, prescribed Amoxycillin. Still painful to swallow, switches sides. Solution ?

I have had a sore throat for about three weeks. Went to to doctor two and a half weeks ago and the diagnosis was tonsillitis. I finished 10 days of amoxicillin and felt better for about two days. The sore throat came back and switches sides almost every day. It is very painful to swallow, and the glands are very swollen, feels like blisters in the back of my throat. The pain comes and goes, and taking an anti inflammatory such as Aleve helps, but only temporarily.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013