Sore throat, cough, difficulty in swallowing and asthma. On antibiotics and steroids. What is the reason?

I had a sore throat and a cough before christmas whitch i was given an antibiotic, i felt my next was swollen aswell and hurt to swallow , i have asthma , it didnot improve so i was given another dose of antibiotics and steriods as i was wheezing at night and morning, ihave finished the tablets and it did improve, but now the back of my tounge hurts my throat hurts and i am coughing, i live in a thatch cottage which one of the doctors at our surgery, said a thatch and asthma dont mix doyou think that is true?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013