Sore throat, cold, very low body temperature. Causes for symptoms?

My 8 year old son woke up with a sore throat today which has gotten progressively worse throughout the day. He has been complaining of being cold so I took his temperature orally and got 94.1. I tried again and got 94.3. I tried his armpit and got 94.6. To be sure the thermometer was working I took my own temp and got 98.5, which is slightly high as my norm is 97.4. Should I be concerned about this very low temp? And what could be causing it?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012