Sore throat, cold symptoms, no relief with augmentin. Skin around anus peeling, bleeding. Are they related?

First my 18 year old (college student) complained of sore throat (very swollen) with some cold like symptoms. I sent her to the doctor. she was given a antibiotic, augmentin , that has not helped at all. I figured she has mononucleosis.She sleep through most of her Christmas break a little more than normal. Still has an appetite at least for junk food. Now she has stated her skin around her anus is peeling and bleeding. I do not know if these symptoms are all related. but I am concerned.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013