Sore throat, chest pain. No history of heart issues. Suggestions?

For a couple of days, I have had a soreness swallowing on the left side of my throat . However, I do not have any redness or irratation when I look in my mouth. Also, I am experiencing a moderate chest pain more towards the left side of my chest and occasionally cannot take a deep breathe. I was sick (ie - flu like & cold like symptoms with slight fever) in late December, but seemed to get over it. I am a white male, 44, 5 8 and 235 lbs. I have no history of heart issues or any other chronic illness . Suggestions?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013