Sore throat, canker sores in gums. Difficulty in swallowing, chewing. How to cure?

I am a woman, 5; 2 , 120lbs. Overall health has been great! I came down with a sore throat only on the left side. (It felt like just a spot and now it has advanced to what appear to be canker sores on my bottom front gum. Sores look white with a black dot in the middle. This has went on to advance to lesions under and around my tongue that burn like crazy. It has become very difficult to swallow , chew, drink or anything. I ve had canker sores in the past that went away usually within 2/3 days after gargaling with peroxide and then salt water. This has lasted for about a week. I thought it might be strep , but don t know. Any ideas?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013