Sore throat, breathlessness. Tests showed inflammation. Allergy to cat?

Last August I thought I was getting a cold, but beyond the sore throat, nothing happened, however since about that time I have a constant sore throat, some times waking me at night even. I become breathless when walking up hill and walking with any speed.. A chest Xray showed nothing and a camera down the throat showed signs of inflamation.
I have recently realised that since about that time, we inherited my Mother in laws cat, could these sypstems of mine have any significance with this event and what would be my next course of action?, the constant pain of the throat is really getting me down and it is affecting my voice when speaking for very long. At times I get a tight feeling in the middle of my chest and a slight cough.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013