Sore throat, body pain, fever, cold, night sweats, swollen glands in neck. Cause and treatment?

About 2 weeks ago i got sick with a really sore throat , body aches, fever and cold sweats at night. It went away very quickly ( 2 days) but then the last 3 days my throat starts getting scratchy in the evening and then every morning i have a horrible sore throat and swollen glands in my neck but then it goes away threw out the day only to return at night? Any answers to what it may be? Im a 29 year old female. I dont smoke anymore i quit 4 months ago.
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012