Sore throat, black lump on tonsil, struck with toothbrush and got bloodstains. Suggestions?

I'm a 18 year old female from the UK, for the past 4 days I've been feeling really run down, and developed a sore throat, the past two nights I've barely slept because my tonsils are so sore when I swallow, this morning I woke up feeling little spots at the back of my throat, I thought they were just small tonsil stones as I get them often and just coughed a few up, but there was a really irritating large lump on my right tonsil, so I looked in the mirror, and I have a large black lump there, I poked it with my toothbrush hoping it would come off like the white ones, but its stuck, I also noticed a small dot of blood on the toothbrush, is this anything to worry about? I don't usually suffer with sore throats so I'm not sure what to expect
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013