Sore throat, bad cough, asthma. Taking medication. Treatment?

I have had a sore throat for a week now and a bad cough since Thursday. I went to the doctor 2 days ago because the cough is keeping me up at night. It hurts my chest and my throat, but worse of all it is effecting my asthma. I feel tightening in my chest, but no wheezing. My doctor have me azithromycin and methylprednisolone. Now it's 2am and I'm up coughing and my airways are not clear. Still no wheezing, just harder to breathe. My inhaler is just not cutting it. What should I do?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013