Sore throat and reddish spots on the roof of the mouth. Is this contagious?

i just got back from the dr. I have red spots on the roof of my mouth and a very sore throat . She didn t want to do a strep test since I had no pus to swab. She acted as if she had never seen spots like that. I need to go to a funeral tonight, and don t know if I m contagious or even what I might have any ideas? Kinda scary when doc says they ve never seen it before!
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012
Thanks for your query
I can feel your concern
yes this can be contagious in case of viral infections and it may spread to others in case of even bacterial infections so do take oral antibiotics and do gargles . I recommend to have a proper clinical examination
Hope it helps
Dr imran