Sore throat and flapping when breathing. Taking Ibuprofen, temporary relief. Solution?

My throat has been giving me problems. It is sore and my voice disappeared for more than two weeks and it feels like my epigilottis could be inflammed as somethings feels like flapping when breathing . My doctor says its not serious but I feel something might be wrong. I have taken ibuprofen and now diflam these once I stop the problem comes back. I now feel so uncomfortable talking as I dont know whether I have a voice or it will come out funny. Slowly I am dreading going back to the doctors but afraid they might be missing something.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013