Sore throat after having oral sex. Loss of voice, coughing. How did this happen?

i gave my boyfriend a blow job for the first time almost a week ago it felt fine during the process but afterwords my throat was sore. after the days passed i was losing my voice and have been coughing non stop since it happend. i did deep throat and gag a lot but i know he doesnt have an std . what can i do without going to see a doctor? how did this happen and why did it happen?
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
At home you can do--
Take antireflux medicines and have cold milk . as you said you had gag , there can be irritation due to the acid stomach contents which come up and cause irritation in food pipe and throat.
Take lukewarm saline gargles two times a day.
it could be just an irritation which will go off.
In doubt do reply