Sore throat. Hurts on swallowing, tired, fever. Had tmj and salivary stones. Thoughts?

I am a 52 yr old female . I woke with a scratchy dry throat . I have had a few past proplems with tjm and saliva stones . This is diferant . I was tired and fev
er low off and on all day yesterday . laid aroud two days now .Seemingly better by last eve. Woke today
and throat very sore . Hurts band when I swollow .
Mostly on the left side. Swollen and red . Painfull extreemly . Hard to swollow . Better no fever now . Nut my throat is bad . What can I do to help me . I wont be able to get into a doctor for a few days . Can you tell me what you think . Hurts most to swollow ?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013