Sore, tender, painful nipple, having protected intercourse. On birth control. What's wrong?

Hi I m a 22 year old female. My nipples are sore but my breast are not swollen or tender. My nipples are tender to touch and even my shirt is bothering them. It almost like a burning pain . The pain came randomly and just started. My period is just ending its very light and dark. I am sexually active but I have been using protection. I am not on birth control . Also the color of my areola is no different and I haven t increased or even recently exercised. Just wondering what I can do to elevate my pain and if I should be concerned.
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012