Sore stiff neck starting from waist upto neck. Smoker, cold and cough. Any advice ?

Hi i am a 39 year old women, i am a smoker and i have been having a very sore stiff neck starting on the left side of my neck but in the last two days it has now moved to the right side of my neck and i also have a very sore pain from the waist up to my neck on my back. I visit the doctor about 4weeks ago with cold like symptons and she advised me that it was viral and my body had to fight it but i have a spit that is a little green and i don t know what i should do can yo adise.. Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012